scooter

Just started, how to play betfair bonus?

Hi everyone, 

Been kind of following along for a while but finally took the plunge yesterday. Have done the TAB bonus and working on Ladbrokes at the moment.

Woke up this morning to a Betfair bonus - 20% boost on winnings on all Australian racing markets (thoroughbred, greyhound, harness) up to $100. My newbie question is, what is the best way to play this bonus? Should I combine it with a bookie sign up bonus and hope my lay bets at betfair win so I can claim the 20%?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Scooter

• Like 1

Hi @scooter, welcome aboard the community. The offer can definitely be used in conjunction with a welcome offer. How comfortable are you at using Matcha?

Hi Adam,

Thank you. Not comfortable with Matcha...yet - give me a few days and I should be on top of it. Given I have 10 days to for the Betfair bonus it seems reasonable that I will rack up enough on the horses to qualify for the full $100.

Another quick question - with soccer, if I back and lay one team, what happens if it is a draw? Does my lay bet still win?

Thanks again,

Scooter

Hi @scooter,

I've sent you a link if you want a quick one on one training with the Matcha.

To answer your question. Yes a lay bet means any other result other than the outcome you are laying and that bet will win. You can think of it like being a bookmaker where you are taking someone else's bet. In a horse race if you layed a horse called 'Seabiscuit' for $100 at odds of 5 then if any other horse wins your lay bet of $100 wins. You profit $100 minus the Betfair commission. If 'Seabiscuit' wins then you would have to pay out the liability for that bet which would be $400 ((odds - 1)* by your stake)

So the same would apply on a soccer bet. Any outcome other than your lay (e.g the other team or a draw) and your lay bet wins.