Sign in to follow this  
Bree

Bonus Returns Turnover

Is it illegal now for bookies to require punters to turn over the returns from any bonus bets?

I note that the t&c’s of Rob Waterhouse require this, however I thought this was now illegal.

HI @Bree

It sure is! Naughty Rob. Yeah, just let him know this and you'll be good to withdraw

• Haha 1

I would like some help with he whole bet turn over thing...

My BetDeluxe  deposit offer email also stated that 

**we ask that you turn over the deposit at least once on odds of $1.80 or greater*

*We also ask that you turn over any winnings from a bonus bet at least once at odds of $1.80 or greater *

What exactly counts as a turnover ??

If I put on a bet of $100 from my deposit money and the bet loses  does that count towards a deposit turnover?

I need to turn over $300 and I have placed $450 worth of bets with my initial deposit money  I have also won $427 from my bonus money 

my withdraw  amount is only $28 so I'm really unsure what I need to do exactly 

Hey @Armypies007 turnover basically means any money bet at the minimal odds the bookie specifies. Regardless of whether it wins or loses.

It terms of Bet Deluxe stating that they "ask" that winnings from Bonus Bets be turned over, I've had them say that to me, and all I can say is that it is very, very cheeky on their behalf. New legislation that was brought in earlier this year specifically forbade bookies from making you turnover winnings from Bonus Bets. By saying that "they ask" seems to be a cheeky way of getting most punters to do it. You can easily challenge them on that and they pretty much will rescind asking you that, but it could lead to a gubbing. So yeah, very cheeky on their behalf.

When providing a deposit match, they can put requirements in place for you to turnover the amount deposited or received in bonuses. So you need to bet that amount at the minimal odds they specify before you can get your funds out. It seems like you have completed this, so they are playing around with that Bonus Bet turnover thing. I think sites like Bet Deluxe and BBet that use that same we design also have trouble tracking turnover accurately (maybe a case of how convenient to the bookies!). I would probably gently raise this with Bet Deluxe. Your other option is to suck it up I guess and just turn the bonus bet winnings over if you want to be super cautious about avoiding a gub. Have you had a warning email from the yet at all about hitting promos?  

2 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Hey @Armypies007 turnover basically means any money bet at the minimal odds the bookie specifies. Regardless of whether it wins or loses.

It terms of Bet Deluxe stating that they "ask" that winnings from Bonus Bets be turned over, I've had them say that to me, and all I can say is that it is very, very cheeky on their behalf. New legislation that was brought in earlier this year specifically forbade bookies from making you turnover winnings from Bonus Bets. By saying that "they ask" seems to be a cheeky way of getting most punters to do it. You can easily challenge them on that and they pretty much will rescind asking you that, but it could lead to a gubbing. So yeah, very cheeky on their behalf.

When providing a deposit match, they can put requirements in place for you to turnover the amount deposited or received in bonuses. So you need to bet that amount at the minimal odds they specify before you can get your funds out. It seems like you have completed this, so they are playing around with that Bonus Bet turnover thing. I think sites like Bet Deluxe and BBet that use that same we design also have trouble tracking turnover accurately (maybe a case of how convenient to the bookies!). I would probably gently raise this with Bet Deluxe. Your other option is to suck it up I guess and just turn the bonus bet winnings over if you want to be super cautious about avoiding a gub. Have you had a warning email from the yet at all about hitting promos?  

Thanks for clarifying this up for me , no I haven't had any warning emails from them about gubbings. BBET are so dodgy as well.

I will just use the money on their Saturday horse racing promos, hopefully the $50 one comes back 😄  and dutch the rest

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sam said:

HI @Bree

It sure is! Naughty Rob. Yeah, just let him know this and you'll be good to withdraw

Thank you for your advice.

• Like 1

Sorry i am currently confused about turnovers.
I deposited $400 into realbookie and credited $400 of bonus bets.

I used all my  bonus bets and my account was around $700 in funds.
Then turned over $400 with the correct turnover  odds. 
Real bookie are saying I haven't turned over my original $400 deposit...would that be correct in what they are saying?? 

I will just add that I made $205 in winning  from bonus bets. 

My current withdrawal amount is $290

So in order to withdrawl all the $700 in my account I need to turn over an additional 400 so a total turnover of $800 for my initial $400 deposit. 

2 hours ago, Armypies007 said:

Sorry i am currently confused about turnovers.
I deposited $400 into realbookie and credited $400 of bonus bets.

I used all my  bonus bets and my account was around $700 in funds.
Then turned over $400 with the correct turnover  odds. 
Real bookie are saying I haven't turned over my original $400 deposit...would that be correct in what they are saying?? 

Hey @Armypies007 some of these new little rail bookies seem to be updating or making up their turnover requirements on the go a bit. I have attached a screenshot of their latest ts and cs. In it they are basically saying that when bonuses are received as part of a deposit match, the deposit will need to be turned over twice at odds of 1.50 or more on racing only. Sport is not included. I have some doubts whether that was always the case with them to be honest, but that is what they stipulate now. They don't seem to say that races covered with promotions are not included as part of turnover, so maybe using them on their promotional races are the best way to acheive this. Or try and get as close a match with them and betfair as possible on horses at 1.50 or more and back and lay.  

Real Bookie turnover.png

1 minute ago, Armypies007 said:

Thanks Chris:)

I was even more annoyed when I asked them the turnover requirements and they said they didn't know what I meant.

They said that? Damn bookie customer service can be annoying sometimes urrgghhh. How could they not know what that means!

Yeah every bookie would know what a deposit turnover requirement is. 

At least I know now to double check the T&C. 

Didn't think they would have such terrible turnover requirements! Robwaterhouse is the same odd $1.50 or more on racing x2

4 minutes ago, Armypies007 said:

Yeah every bookie would know what a deposit turnover requirement is. 

At least I know now to double check the T&C. 

Didn't think they would have such terrible turnover requirements! Robwaterhouse is the same odd $1.50 or more on racing x2

Its not great, but it could be worse, and to be honest turnover requirements used to often be far worse before the new legislation that came in last year that forbid things like making customers turn over bonus winnings and such multiple times. Just try and be as precise as possible and/or use their promo races for turnover and it shouldn't be too bad. Real Bookie's odds are relatively decent fortunately. 

• Like 1

Thankfully only had to turnover the money once at the $1.50 odds on the races for both of these bookies , Matcha made it super easy!

and I even managed to pick up a few bonus bets with RW  doing the turnover 🙂

• Like 2